- Be kind to yourself. You're in the most difficult part. It will get easier.
- Do whatever you need to make sure you don't take the first drink.
- Reach out for help - recovering alcoholics love to help.
- Go to bed early - it will make the days go faster.
- Go to an AA meeting - it really does help.
- Sobriety is the only thing to focus on right now - whatever shambles exist in your life can be dealt with later.
- Pray - anything goes here, just let it out.
- Keep going - the minutes will add up.
Friday, February 4, 2011
I just received a comment here that reminded me why I do this thing...the blogging thing. It's buried in an old post, but it's from someone who is newly sober, and it made me think about the fact that there may be others also reading who are in the early painstaking days. The days of foggy desperation that seem endless. The comment reminded me why I am sober and working to stay that way and I instantly wanted to add my advice, so here are my thoughts: